Sunday, April 13, 2008

Peaceful Evening

I went to church this morning to view General Conference with everyone. It was really nice. I was a bit late since I was counting on taking the bus in, but when I went to get on the bus after another girl, the busdriver closed the door in my face. He probably didn't notice me and pulled away from the curb as he was closing the door. I stood there for a couple of moments, a bit flommoxed, when I decided to just take the subway even though it takes 30 minutes more and I was already running late.

They do like their food in this ward. After the first session, we have lunch for about an hour, then came the afternoon session. Okay, confession time. I am lazy and have kinda not been to church for the past few weeks since at first my hay fever was bothering me and then the idea of the trip into Seoul exhausted me. I mean its 3 hours in total on a subway if I don't take the bus. But I siked myself up for it last night and am happy I did. I met several other ward members that are awesome. There are actually 2 other girls that live in Bundang and are very nice. One used to work in a library, shares a love of reading (recommended Twilight to mean) and love bellydancing. The other girl was less effulgent and fell asleep on the bus back (if I'd been on my own, I wouldn't have tried to buses again and stayed with the subway, but they convinced me to give Seoul busdrivers another chance. lol

I think I need to reevaluate my food plan. I was looking at my dinner tonight (I made steak, broccoli, and pasta) and realized I'm eating an unbalanced diet without enough fruit and veggies. I do okay during the week with school lunches and snacks, but I just don't eat enough veggies in the evenings or weekend. I reckon I'll pick up some random veggies tomorrow, and some oranges. I've been buying bananas, but they are expensive and go bad quickly and I can't exactly use the spoiled ones without an oven. Hmmm, maybe I should look for some recipes anyway.

So, to my peaceful evening. I heard today about the Central Park in Bundang. I thought it was farther away, but its right around the corner from me. You see, there's a fork in the river and I always take the bigger fork, but tonight took the smaller stream-like fork and it was wonderful. There were plenty of other people walking along, but it still felt pretty peaceful. I walked up to the lake which is wonderous at night. One odd thing about Korea, is that they've built this beautiful, historical park, and attach neon lights to all the bridges. It's cool, if a bit unexpected. I kept trying to find a comparison in my head, but something about the feel of the air, temperature, and surroundings, reminds me of Germany, and not just any time in Germany, but my last trip in June and July when I traveled to Heidleberg and an assortment of other West German cities. I've no idea why, but the idea persists. :sigh: A very nice evening.

2 comments:

A Texas Granny said...

General Conference on April 13th? General Conference was LAST week. Does Korea get it a week late for voice-over editing to the Korean language???

Anabolina said...

Because the schedule is so off, General Conference takes place at like midnight or something, they just broadcast it the next week. Much easier all around I suppose.