Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Day Off

Here's a pic from last Friday that I forgot to post.


Photobucket



Aw, the first blooms of Spring. At the time, this was the only tree I saw with blooms, but now most are blooming.

Here are some pics of my kids.

Photobucket

Michelle is cute, but on vacation right now.

Photobucket

Aw, my afternoon kids. They are essentially good, but have their wacked out moments.

Oh, and here's a pic of Lottemart. This is my grocery store. It's a bit pricy, but they same as the other grocery stores within walking distance. I went to Homever last night and its a bit cheaper and has more foreign food. More awesome store, but I have to take the subway to Yatap to go there (2 stops) and that's a bit much for a quick stop.

Photobucket

So what did I do on this, my wonderful day off? (Thank you Korean politics)

Well, I slept til 6 am and read a book until 10 whence I had breakfast and took Luna on a walk. The days a bit overcast, so I didn't bother taking any gloomy pictures of the day. Anyway, after we got back, I hooked up my mp3 player to charge since I was heading to Itaewon for linner and to see what the fuss was about. I didn't end up leaving until at 2, but that was fine, so I took the subway in (the subway website was down so I had to map out my own route, but it was fine) for over an hour with 3 transfers. Anyway, so Itaewon is nice. I wish I'd been there on a less rainy day and I forgot my umbrella so got a bit wet. So I went on my search for Taco Amigo which I'd heard about on Geek in Korea and Galbijim and I must say the food there is great. What's not great is trying to find the place based on directions from eiher site the depend on you knowing where some bar named Gecko's is and the directions on Galbijim are downright wrong. They had me looking at the Hamilton Hotel which is across the street from the place, a major street.

So my directions are to take the subway to Itaewon and go ahead and use Exit 4. After emerging, turn around because the place is not straight ahead, it is behind you on the street that runs ito the street you are standing at. To make it clearer, youo emerge from the exit at an intersection and the road behind you slopes downward and it is on that street that Taco Amigo is. Once you start down the street, look up and the sign is very large. I kept walking up and down the main drag because someone said straight ahead and another site said look for the Burger King. Anyway, the food was worth it. I got the chorizo/sausage burrito because that's all they had left. I don't think they were expecting it to be so busy on a holiday with everyone off work. Well, the burrito still tasted great. It had cilatro, was really big and spicy and I got sour cream and guacamole for 2000 won extra. With a bottled water, it all came up to 8500 won. A really good price when I think what it would cost here in Bundang and it tasted good. I'll definitely go back sometime soon to try out more on the menu and see more of Seoul. Nice.

I also did do a little shopping. I've been getting really sick of my normal Luna walk/jog-wear. I need more stuff to wear on her walks and more shirts for work. So I discovered one store with a sale rack outside of clothes in my size for $5-$10, nice for Seoul. I picked up 3 shirts and went in a bought a pair of exercise pants for $15. In total, I brought $50 to spend to day and spent nearly all of it. I still haven't bought any shoes, but I've tried some on. I've found that I can usually fit into a size 250, which is the biggest size most stores carry for women, although a 255 might be better. 250 is about a size 8 US. Here are some pics of my lovely purchases.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, nice clothes, I really like the black and white top and the red one. Tons of Love!

A Texas Granny said...

Wow. I love that you are so adventurous. I love to do the same thing when I travel. Just get out and explore. Absorb all those new experiences and create fantastic memories for the years to ocme. It is great to see you embracing life and enjoying it! Wish I could join you.

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

Sallie! Awesome clothes.. The black and white shirt is very you. I can picture you in it. :) Burritos are good but a long trip. Take care!

Anabolina said...

Thanks ya'll. The trip should be shorter next time. I here the if I take the express buses toward Seoul and get off at the first stop on the other side of the river (can't miss it since its a big river) and take a local bus into Itaewon, it can take as little as 30 minutes instead of the 3 times longer on the subway.

I think my fav os the red one. i wore it to church today.