Friday, April 25, 2008

Aw, my little ones weren't horrible today...

My Super Elite Bratlings weren't as horrible as normal today. Of course, I didn't give them any opportunities for yelling, screaming, and carrying on cranky'(watched B5 last night). I spoke to a couple of them before class started to tell them to leave the Eagle class SE alone (that was the real problem on Wednesday) and they actually did. I suppose that's been my problem. I don't keep the class moving fast enough. We've been having trouble getting everything on the schedule done lately, but today, we actually finished early in both classes. Awesome. I found I didn't dislike the troublemakers nearly as much. :)

We also had a birthday party for Jaime. He's a sweet, if quiet little boy.

Photobucket

You know, it's odd. He hates PE, but to look at him, he seems a fit boy and he enjoys running around with the best of them, but he does not like PE, I had to push him into the gym this morning literally. Thankfully, his Mom was upstairs helping decorate the class. Oh, and he got chocolate cake that was delicious. all to often these kids get white cake. I mean, what's the fun in that. Chocolate is so much better. Another weird thing is that some of the kids didn't like that canned peaches. I mean those things are sweet and tasty.

Some pics from class:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's the kid who spent a month at home because she broke her collarbone. Poor thing sleeps a lot. She did it before her accident, so I don't think its related. I found out from Syvia that her Mom runs a restaurant. I think that maybe Amy stays up laten til her Mom gets home and that may be why she sleeps. Of course, the kids might benefit from a naptime, but the parents aren't paying for the kids to sleep. I wonder what we're going to tel Amy's Mom when she asks to see her daughter's workbooks since she rarely does it. We moved her to the front of the class and she's a distracted now as before.

Photobucket

Anyway, wish me a good weekend. So far, I've plans to go to a baseball game with some coworkers. The LG Twins are playing at 2 in Jamsil. I'm going to shop for a nice pair of sandals and some more fabric in Dongdaemun since I've finally finished my first project here in Korea. I'll post some pics after I finish handsewing the hem. Anyway, so good luck everybody and have a great weekend.

Photobucket

7 comments:

SuLily said...

Do you know how I subsribe or whatever to your blog?

Anyway, check my new blog out sis!

THE EAST said...

Hi

I am a publisher of THE EAST; the only English newspaper, which is mainly focused on the East Asian information (at the beginning of every month, more than 12,000 free copies are distributed throughout the London area, particularly, where East Asian Networks are established).

I looked at your blog the other day and have been wondering if there would be any chance that we could publish some of your interesting articles on the paper.
We think some of your blog articles should be very helpful to the Westners who are interested in Asian Culture.
The East cannot afford to pay for your articles right now (as we are non-profitable organisation). However, if you wish, we can still offer you:
1. Advertising space
2. Link to THE EAST web site blog section

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Hyung Wook Lee
Publisher
MBA(Edin)

THE EAST, The East Asian Monthly Business Newspaper,
Elephant Consulting Limited, 37 Charter Court, Linden Grove,
New Malden, Surrey, KT3 3BN, UK
Tel : + 44 (0) 7912 608 321 / Web site: www.theeast.org / E mail : publisher@theeast.org
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 6254454

Anonymous said...

Hey there...so from the title of your blog...does it mean you are from Texas? It's always nice to "meet" other Texans.

Jiyoon said...

So Cute..

They are angels if they don't yell and scream.....

Anonymous said...

Would like to contact you regarding some questiosn I have on teaching ESL in Korea
Email pcumming@yahoo.com

Thank you
Peter

Anonymous said...

cute kids!

diet_fruit said...

Hi,

I was wondering if we could talk about Teaching in Korea!!

Please email me so that I may ask you a few questions!

Thank you so much!